Monday 1 September 2014

First few weeks

Suva
In Suva I see old bland lifeless buildings. there are old patchy roads with frequent potholes and run down unlevel side walks to go along with them.The hustle and bustle of so many people becomes overwhelming and adds to the boiling heat of the day.

There are flash malls and old shops, shops for tourists and shops for everyday needs. Ill kept motels and then flash well kept lovely hotels. A polluted ocean and old dead boats leaning on one another on the dark murky waters.

There are fumes in the air from the old rickety buses and taxis, and litter on the ground. The litter is sometimes picked up, but is also dumped in the ocean.


There are some sweet smells, like the food coming from the food courts and some bad smells from the fumes of the cars and the fish market with its pungent odour of dead fish. This is Suva. I hope you enjoy this city.  

Hi guys enjoying the sun wish you were here. Been really good miss you lots and please leave a comment, would love the feedback thanks I will keep you updated, bye.

 

7 comments:

  1. Awesome Dylan ������

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome work dylan by scott see you in suva soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi how are you good to hear yah, hope you are having fun. school is just as usual as it normally is. i am missing you in cooking class we made jam last Friday with William. Scott is here now and the first day with him is going really well!!!!! we had the pot luck dinner with the Watsons on Friday, it was so much fun, i made a dark chocolate ambrosia. it was fun and we all wished you and your family were there it was great. the rugby game was great the All Blacks VS Argentina. the All Blacks won of course but the reffing was appalling, the score was 28 to us and 9 to them. we stayed at my grandparents while my parents went to the game they were up in the grand stand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dylan. How are you? Are you having a fun time in Suva? It's a shame that you can't be here for cross country or for camp! I wish that I could go shopping and I could go swimming!!! You described Suva with very interesting words and it makes me be able to visualise. When I read the start of your blog, I realised you have not used proper grammar. You should have wrote old, bland, lifeless buildings. I hope that when you write your next blog, you will use proper grammar!
    From Sarah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dylan
    I hope you are enjoying yourself in Fiji/Suva i pray that The Lord will encourage and be with your dad as he spreads the word of God. We haven't done much since you where away but it seems like you are enjoying yourself. Your blog is looking amazing thumbs up from the class room bro. In food tech we have made lots of delicious meals like jam, apple crumble, peach sponge cake and BBQ beef rap. We are really looking foward to camp I wish you could come on camp with us.
    Love william

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sup Dylan,
    How are you? We are having lots of fun back here but are missing you alot. cross-country got postbioned til Tuesday. Then there is camp next week. We are looking forward to you returning next term to school and hope you are having fun
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dylan
    Hope you are having the time of your life. To me you painted a clear image in my head of Suva. The thing that really shocked me about Suva was the contrasts of buildings. I could imagine the smells that you described but it would kill me… I hate dead fish. Although you are in a very warm place, NZ is slowly warming up. Because cross country is coming up we have to train everyday I’m disappointed that you aren't here i'm sure you are having as much fun as us. See you soon.
    From Arrien

    ReplyDelete